Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Why do they do what they do?

You know, I keep thinking about this Man...let's call him, hmmm why don't you help with this one. Man befriends this woman and he is laid back, fun, and much more. Man takes his time and flirts and wins her heart, little by little. He doesn't try too hard, just a comment here and there, just at the right times to let her know he is interested in her. He sends out those little hints that maybe they should be more, not just casual friends that hang out every now and then. Just as she starts letting go of the tight grip she has on her heart and she starts smiling and taking deep breaths, relaxing...and then, she gets a text from his WIFE!

This particular Man, I have never met. Another man like him, I have, years ago. Why do they seek us out and interfere in our lives? Why do they do what they do?

I was out with my friend, Joel, and I guess this guy, hmmm - the Commuter, saw us in the bar and couldn't quite figure out if we were "together" or not. So, later on while we were at a gas station down the road, the Commuter approached Joel and asked him. Joel told him that we were just friends. This Commuter then approaches me in the car and starts talking to me. I told him that I would be hanging out at another bar where my roommate worked the next night if he wanted to come by and chat. Surprisingly, he did show up even though it was 45 min. from where he actually lived! Great start, right? So, the Commuter kept this up several nights and eventually I gave him my number and we started talking. About 2 weeks into chatting on the phone and hanging out at my roommate's bar, I get a call from his Wife at 2:00 in the morning wanting to know why I keep calling her husband, blah, blah, blah...is he with me? OK, she was not so polite about it. Anyhow, after some heated conversations and even more hang ups on my part. She finally settles enough to hear me out. I DID NOT pursue him. I DID NOT even as much as kiss the man! I wasn't the one she should be upset with. He DID NOT tell me he was married, he supposedly didn't even have a girlfriend! She ended up asking me for advise. It was all rather insane.

Why do they do what they do?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! What a complete slimeball! Don't you love how she jumped all over you? No matter what, he's the one in trouble here. What a jerk-but hey, at least you found out before you fell for the guy right?

Montair said...

Well for one, I hope you know that men make stuuuuuupid mistakes that they realllllly regret but, thats still no excuse for the decisions that they make. It was probably something missing at home and beleive it or not everything he kicked to you was probably sencere its just that he was married. Its some men that will come right out and tell you that they are married and theres some that wont. The question why they do what they do caint be answered because most of the time, not some time, MOST of the time men dont know there da$%#@ self!!!

Gabrielle said...

I agree with Date Girl! I was lucky...I was also young back then and took stuff way too seriously. However, (we'll call this woman, who is a friend of mine, "Chickie") Chickie is the young age of 35. I am 36. It doesn't seem to matter how young or old! The Commuter happened when I was only 22 or 23? Still, I feel for her and I remember what happened to me. I got a good laugh going with you, Montair. Is he playing me? You just posted that very subject, right? I LOVED "stuuuuuupid" and "realllllly"!!! It was like you were sitting right next to me hoggin' my laptop, reading your comment. Still smiling just commenting back! Thanks.

Sarah said...

I know there are some decent men out there. Although I certainly haven't found any. They all seem to be married, psychotic, or emotionally retarded. I don't know which of the 3 is the worst.

Gabrielle said...

Sarah, welcome! Hmmm, that certainly is a hard call. LOL I will post a new survey just for you!