Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Are you a BAD Driver?

Let's talk about driving. I have been keenly aware of bad drivers lately.

A couple of weeks back, Bebe and I were taking my parents and Puppy to a nice Sunday Brunch. Due to a bet I won with my Dad, we decided to use HIS $100.00 to treat him with! LOL, yes I know the man's 74 and no, I did not feel bad taking his money. When he decides to laugh in my face and bet me 10 to 1 and he had 2 to 1 odds? Yeah, I took his money!

Ummm, oh, bad drivers.

We were on a road with 4 lanes and a center turn lane. We were in the inside lane, next to the turn lane and the outside lane was backed up. You know how courteous drivers will leave business driveways open? Well, this gal in an SUV decides that she is going to inch out from a business on the side of the road. Her "inching" out was more like "leaping" out! There was absolutely no car in front of us, so we were doing 30 to 35 mph. We hit her t-bone style and the impact was head on, center of her front and back door!!!

I do have to say that my body is alll screwed up, but I do love my new massage therapist! So, there is some good. Puppy was the only one that didn't suffer any aches and pains and is not going to some type of therapy. He was just terribly frightened until I turned in my seat and smiled at him and asked, "Are you OK? Everyone is OK. Mommy's OK." Inside, I was really shaking.

Puppy, in his wholly Puppy-Style way, asked us, "May I go outside and look at the car's bump? I bet it's a big bump!" LMAO "Baby, I think it's more like a big dent."

This is why I have been aware and weary. So, yesterday on my drive home there was this ASS! I have about a 45 minute commute on I-5 on a good day. It was dark, wet, and this ASS was tailgating a motorcyclist!!! Being in the next lane, I could see that there wasn't even a car's length between them. Seriously, what the heck did this ASS think was going to happen if the car in front of this motorcycle braked?

If this is you as a driver, I am NOT sorry. You are an ASS!

So, what are some of the worst BAD Driver behaviors that get you all worked up?

2 comments:

Eric said...

I really have nothing to say because I like LA traffic.

Gabrielle said...

LOL, LR! I do LA 3 times a year to buy for my shop, absolutely hate it and I don't even do the driving!!!