Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Dentist Update

Hello!

Thank you to everyone for such awesome support. It really is nice to know that others are rooting for us.

Again, I am not looking for a paycheck, but I am making sure that Puppy is not going to have any future problems on his teeth that were worked on. I also do not plan on paying for his visit! I will not pay for what needs to be fixed by another dentist either, if anything.

So, I waltzed into, (OK, probably more like marched into) the dental office early this morning and had my mom, "Grandma" tag along, just in case they said or did anything shady, like NOT give me our file. Remember they originally told me it would take them 2 weeks? I demanded my "entire" file today. So when they handed it to me, it was missing a few things. The treatment and payment plan I had originally consented to for instance! LOL - it just gets more ridiculous. I have crossed over to lunatic mom with this cackling laugh because I am so pissed and it's better than crying?, not to mention that it just sounds more evil!

Office Person - "What can I do for you?"

Me - "Stephen originally told me that it would take two weeks to get my file. I can not wait that long. Puppy needs to see someone right now and it isn't going to be here at your office and the new dentist will not take him without it. So, I understand that you need to mitigate your damages and potential weaknesses, but do you want to add a 2 week infection to that?" (I sure hope that's what my customer's attorney husband actually said to me last night?)

Office Person - "Well, if you actually have a moment, we will get your file copied."

Me - "The ENTIRE file please."

I get the file and I sit down to go over it.

Me - "I don't believe this is the entire file. I don't see the treatment plan?"

Office Person - "Oh, the Dr. makes her own personal notes for the treatment plan. It is this one here and you wouldn't have seen that one to sign."

Me - "OK, what part of the ENTIRE file did you misinterpret? I do remember you telling Bebe that I had signed a consent for payment of the teeth to be treated?"

Office Person - "Oh, it's not in there? Let me see...(pretending to look for it, even though she was the one who copied the file?). So, you wanted that too?"

Me - (This is where that cackling, witch-like laugh comes in.) Nodding my head slowly, "Yes, the Entire file. The original one in March and the revised one in July."

Anyhow, so now it is just a matter of choosing between 3 attorneys. They all take 1/3 of whatever amount I am awarded and no money up front. They are all willing to take my claim. None of them have simply said, "Yes, we understand." when I say, "I am not looking to make any money off of this situation. I just want to be done with that office. I don't ever want to see or talk to them again. I don't want a call demanding payment. I don't want to have to contact them down the road asking for money to pay for whatever needs to be fixed, if any." All three have simply said, "Well, we need to consider what you should be compensated for your distress and your son's discomfort." or some other version of it.

I am calling around to get a consult for a second opinion from at least 2 other doctors to see what may have happened to cause them to perform the crown on an already stable tooth and a Pulpotomy on a simple tooth cavity. The two are adjacent so it sounds like maybe they may have drilled to deep/far on the cavity and it just kept getting worse? Kinda like trimming a bush or perhaps a bad hair cut? I have no ******* idea how!

So, that is the update. I get more mad as they dig themselves deeper with their "Shady" treatment of the situation. Oh, get this! I called the Regional Director, big fancy name, huh? I called her on Monday and left a message demanding the file and wanting to know if I could pick it up or have them forward it to a new dentist? NO answer. Same for yesterday. 1/2 hour after I left the office, a nice message from the Director's office wanting to set up a conference to discuss getting Puppy to a new "Provider" to get his dental work looked at. ARE YOU ******* NUTS? And they think I'm stupid? Someone needs to look in the mirror?

Oh, I was actually saying something, huh? So mad, I can't even think! I was saying I just get more and more mad as we go along...I now know why people get "Sue Happy"! I am trying to fight the urge.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Good job! If you don't stand up, no one will. Don't let them get away with this.

Gabrielle said...

Thank you! Reporting her to the Washington Dental Quality Assurance Commission was my first step. There will be a mini-trial procedure that the dentist now faces with the Washington State Department of Health. The Dentist will be facing anything from a personal fine of $1,000.00 or more up to losing her license. This is separate from what she is facing with my attorneys and the dental office she works for.