Friday, November 21, 2008

Changes?

Chasing Reality has a post titled "Changes". I really liked that LacksReality, as he refers to himself, made changes. I knew nothing about this man and I did a crazy DRB (Dating Really Blows, previous Blog) marathon to get caught up. I was fascinated by LR's Blog. It is "in your face" raw and brutally honest. It is a man speaking his mind! I found it refreshing, like so many others that I am reading. I am new to all of this and it is amazing to see how "free" we can all be when we are posting! We all know how many people we already have judging us in our "in person" relationships! Why blog and just get more of the same? Comments and your thoughts greatly appreciated, judgement and reprimand? Not so much.

Now, if I would have met LR at a party or at a bar, I will admit I probably would have labeled him and judged him. Bebe has taught me what a mistake that would have been. The old, "Never judge a book by it's cover." Chasing Reality evolved from post to post to post, keep in mind I had to do over a year of catching up!

So, has he really evolved or am I just getting to know him better?

I am amazed when I sit back and think about the changes in the different relationships in my life - family, friends, lovers. How can they all differ so much? Some are like huge boulders that weather over time, but not much change. Others are like trees, roots and grows on you. Then there are the ones that are like fragrant flowers, blooms and die.

I want to know, do people really change after they hit their mid 20's? We all evolve with our life's experiences, but do we change our core being beyond that? Do people really change or do we just get to know them better?

Welcome to my Red Room. Here, it is OK to express yourself freely. I will not judge for I am not perfect. I am not free of faults. I am not all-knowing. I am not done living! I sit here to share my experiences and learn from yours.

Thank you for lounging with me! Thank you for sharing. Thank you for sharing your connections with others and their stories. It takes time and it takes effort. I appreciate you for doing it.

2 comments:

Eric said...

Nice post. I thank you for the props.

I gave you the text book, crossed with LR theory, on changes (I am a therapist, what do you expect). However, your question was more for the mid twenties, I will point this out.

I think in our mid twenties we make some major changes and I believe it does change our core beliefs on some level. Usually by 25 to 27 our MAJOR partying is done. We start to slow down. We stop sleeping with everything that moves. We build healthier love relationships, etc.

I think some people lose this stage, fail to enter, pass over it, or stay for an extended visit and I think this can cause major issues in our future and MATURE relationships. Think in this manner, we get married early in life and lose the party stage. The minute we get a divorce, we fall right into this stage without regard to our actual age. I think this can also be the cause of some divorces, say one member may fall back into this stage because they missed it the first time and therefore it causes a relationship malfunction.

But as I said, I think that the 20's is our party and friends stage. Of course we will have some sort of change to ourselves once we leave it.

And, what do you mean you would have labeled me? Is that a bad or good thing? I bet, I am totally, not what you expected....hit me up on myspace if you really want to know. ;-)

Gabrielle said...

Oh, I simply meant that we all do a quick 2 second judgment (give or take a few, depending how hot they are?) or "first impression" as we meet new people. We then "label" and file them, no?

"But I may nickname her Ms. Gettinglaidsaturdaynight."

I got a good laugh out of that, by the way.

We save the info and we either go back and add data or we delete the file altogether.

So, still adding data! LOL Thanks for the compliment on my post and you're welcome for the props.

Bebe and I were both nodding and saying "true" to your response, both on my blog and yours. We even named names!

Thank you!