Friday, December 12, 2008

Love Homework

OK, I usually don't do this out loud or on paper. I usually just sit in a quiet room and I start listing the first 25 things I can think of that I love about Bebe. This is my homework to keep my love alive, upfront, meaningful. It helps me to appreciate him and not take him for granted.

So, if you are interested-keep reading, if not, or it's going to make you barf-have a great day.

Bebe, I love:

1. that when I was sad the other week, I found a single stem of Stargazer Lily propped up against my steering wheel. Simple and so sweet. Thank you!

2. that when you are guilty of something, your dimples show when I ask you about it. You just can't lie! Or is it because you KNOW what those dimples can do to me? Hmmm, I have to rethink that one.

3. that you took Puppy to school on Tuesday and Wednesday for me, even after your 2 hours of commute and 12 hour graveyard shift. I really needed that extra time this week.

4. that you started my car and warmed it up when you got home. Puppy and I were nice and toasty on the way to school and work.

5. that you asked if I wanted you to blow dry my boots this morning so my feet would be warm. That is so funny! Thoughtful, but no thank you! I would have never thought of that!

6. that you drove all the way down to Oregon to do the Toy Run because you said you would. Not happy about the partying and too drunk to drive home part! Yeah, I know, it was the first time you've ever done that, but still. Yeah, I know, you haven't seen those guys in forever, but still. THE Toy Run, I know, but still.

7. that you were willing to drive the distance AND on the fly to fix my neighboring bookstore's leaking sink. I'm glad they won't lose inventory because of it.

8. that you made fun of me when I tripped. THAT was so funny.

9. that when my 74 year old Dad said, "Can you guys grab me a 2009 calendar next time you're running around?" you bought that hilarious "HOOTERS" one and had all the girls there that night sign it! Did you see the look on the faces of the guys next to us? I know they thought you were buying it for yourself and that Ms. Brown Suga and I were laughing about it. Hey, I did offer to buy you one! Hehe

10. that you give me kisses on my forehead to let me know you cherish me.

11. that you don't get grumpy when I've stolen all your nightshirts when you are away at work.

12. that Puppy likes to tease and joke with you as much as I do.

13. that Puppy asks to text you back our "Good nights" before he goes to bed each night and you are working.

14. that you look sooo sexy in your jeans.

15. that you look sooo sexy in your jeans. Hey, it's my list and you really do!

16. that I always catch you looking at me while I'm doing something, my Sudoku puzzle on the back of Puppy's menu last night, whatever. You make me feel so sexy, even when I'm doing nothing!

17. that you get that funny look on your face when I enter the room. You always let me know that I am always present in you mind, never ignored.

18. that you try to play off that you are listening when you aren't. I always call you out on it, then the dimples...

19. that you respect my close relationship with my family. You never complain about seeing one of them, if not all of them...even when we just saw them yesterday!

20. that you did most of my driving for me on our Road Trip.

21. that you are sooo loving and affectionate.

22. that you got me the gear I wanted, even though it's not "biker girl", more "city girl". I can't help it, I make a living at it! If I'm going to do it, I'm going to look good doing it! Are we still getting my jacket painted on the back???

23. that you've made sure that your friends all think I'm some kind of "catch" and don't know how you got me. I don't know what stories you tell them, but I feel loved when I am around them. Yes, even Happy Mama and No, I don't know why everyone assumes I'm going to get mad about her one day?

24. that you will get out of bed and heat up my spa wrap for me to use when my back is hurting me. I know, you got the broken model. Hope you don't trade me in! ;-)

25. that you are able to keep your cool, no matter who or what. I wish I could do that!

No comments: