Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Other Woman

A friend of mine, let's name her Mama, for good reason. Mama has been dating Mr. Smooth for quite some time. I want to say that they have been together for almost a year. I have never met Mr. Smooth, but I was happy for Mama when she told me she had met a man and that they were "spending time", getting to know each other. Over time, she started saying that they were "best friends", that she could tell him anything and that they seem to be on the same page all the time, calling each other or texting each other at the same time, driving past each other on the same road...the list goes on. They became intimate, but never had "the talk". OK, not entirely true. There was one incident when there was a psycho Limo Driver that was semi-stalking her, another story for later. Mr. Smooth wanted her to make it clear that "her Man" will kick his ass.

Mama is 4 months pregnant. Right before Christmas, she asked Mr. Smooth to come over and help her wrap gifts. Mr. Smooth responded with a text stating that he was "at his girl's house" and that he had "just gotten out of the shower, LOL." Sorry, he can't come over and help.

WHAT?

Yes, he really did.

So, this is how Mr. Smooth chose to tell Mama that he has a girlfriend, if not a wife. This gives "the other woman" a whole new meaning. Isn't it bad enough to have your man cheat on you? Isn't it bad enough to have your man get another woman pregnant? What do you even do when you are "the other woman" and you didn't even know it!

To make matters worse, Mr. Smooth is not planning on telling his girl and he is trying to get Mama to believe that she would be better off dealing with him directly and not with Child Support Services, known as DSHS in WA state. No need to make it all official and legal, he'll give her more money if he doesn't have to deal with "them".

WHAT?

Yes, he really did.

I have so many things that I would like to say and do to Mr. Smooth.

15 comments:

Sarah said...

Let's get a bunch of us together and visit Mr. Smooth. I'm sure we could change his way of thinking. Seriously, I hope you are trying to convince Mama to make everything legal. This one is a piece of work. She should take solace (if only a little) in the fact that her time around him will now be limited.

Gabrielle said...

Mr. Smooth is convincing her that he will be there for her. How? That's a good question since he is not planning to tell his girlfriend/wife. He has figured out how to live 2 lives so far, so it seems he will continue if she allows him to! Mama wants their child to grow up knowing the father...can't blame her for that part, so I don't think he will be out of the picture. I have her convinced about the Child Support since I have been dealing with that myself, with Dick. I asked her if she actually knew how much he made or if she only knows what he has told her, considering that she was the other woman, not much.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a horrible thing to find out, and also a horrible WAY for her to find out.

She should definitely go through Child Support, because he just wants to cover it up even more so that his 'woman' doesn't find out about this. Plus, who's saying he's not going to become a deadbeat dad and refuse to pay, or come up with excuses every week as to why he doesn't have the money.

I feel bad for your friend. :(

Dark Cloud Nine said...

Those stories blow my mind... in a bad way... however you know what? My sister is in an equivalent situation - as the wife. Her husband had kids outside of their marriage, and takes care of them - incredible... and how hurtful for her...so who knows? he may do it.

Gabrielle said...

Thank you for your support. It's hard to see your friends being hurt so badly. She's still in a place where she wants to believe in him. I really can't say much more without adding to her pain right now. It's nice to be able to hear other women say what I am thinking. Thank you!

Jen Kucsak said...

What a bastard! I'm so sorry for your friend, it happens to the best of us. Keep us posted on what happens!

Mrs. Match said...

Oh...just wow...I can't believe the scum that is out there. I feel so bad for Mama. And now she's completely linked to this person no matter what, because they are having a baby. And now to be going through it alone. I'm glad she has you Gabby, she's going to need all the support she can get, child support and emotional!

Gabrielle said...

Thank you so much Ladies for your support.

Stacie said...

Mr. I'm- More-Like-Sandpaper needs a vasectomy and (if it were me) a damn good lawyer! Please, please, please try to convince her to go the legal channels...she will be so screwed if she doesn't and he does't pay up..

Stacie said...

oh and BTW, I am so with Sarah!!

Gabrielle said...

LOVED your sandpaper comment! LOL, that is sooo funny!

Milla said...

What a scum bag! Hope your friend come through this strong and undamaged. Sure, not all guys are like this but this is why we all need to be financially independent so if they behave like this loser, we don't need anything! That said, she needs to go through the official process - she doesn't owe him the courtesy doing things his way.

HOA Mgr Lady said...

I just finished reading James Patterson newest paperback "Quickie" which is about a cheating hubby. I am a BIG Alex Cross fan if you read JP you understand that he unfortunately is just a character in a book. This book was not an AC book but scary but excellent. Buy it for you friend Mama. Lots of us have been there done that intentionally or accidentally. It sucks

shrink on the couch said...

get the DNA test anyway.

I d/k how it works in Wash State, but here in Texas, a mother can always go down the legal channels later. And he just MIGHT give more support voluntarily. So I'd definately want to hear what he's offering but he sounds slick as a dick on a stick. I'd have all the paperwork ready.

shrink on the couch said...

Poor Mama. Get the DNA test anyway.

I d/k how it works in Wash State, but here in Texas, a mother can always go down the legal channels later. And he just MIGHT give more support voluntarily. So I'd definately want to hear what he's offering but he sounds slick as a dick on a stick. have all the paperwork ready. Here, there can be a slow down, I think, if his name isn't on the birth certificate.

It just all depends on how the state laws read. Brush up, Mama.